Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wednesday, January 27 almost 6 weeks old

This week has been momentous. Arlo really has it down now! As of Monday he’s full of smiles and coos and knows exactly what he wants and when. He is locking and tracking his eyes on us when we move around, and with all the wet spots on my shirts, knows where to go for food. We are into a bit of a day and night sequence now and he’s getting into naps as well. He has graduated to sleeping in his hammock this week after his head cold has him needing to sleep more upright, even in his car seat one night. We were all a bit sniffy this past week and were house bound during a tremendous week of rain. Arlo still has the sniffles and Markus and I have been playing bad cop/good cop as to who has to use the suction ball to de-snot him. It is the worst, as it gets the most screams and tears ever from him.

I took in my first work meeting today- very easy, fun and close by, so I am transitioning slowly back to work on a good note. It feels good, and after only 2 hours I couldn’t get home quick enough to my guys, both in smiles on my arrival. Yeah!

The last 2 weeks were a bit rough as the Haiti earthquake (Jan 12) seemed to make everything that much more precious and emotionally heightened. It truly made all my problems disappear in perspective to the absolute devastation and loss. I have now signed on to donate part of my breast milk supply to the cause as any amount of money just won’t impact as much as I would like it to.
At his 1 month check up on the 15th, Arlo was a cool 24”L and 11lbs 4.5oz, the size of many 3 month old children. He is not fat at all though, just really long and proportionate. The hammock won’t last the 1 year + as I had hoped as his growth at this rate has him out of it in 6 months. We’ll have to cave and buy or borrow a crib. I’d love for him to just go into a toddler bed instead. We’ll see. Meanwhile, his formal announcements are all just about in the mail now and are a huge hit. Friend JP did an amazing design job on them and I was so glad to give her the work. She’s an outrageous talent and without insurance is having a time paying her bills from her MS. Again. Counting my blessings.

I am excited as we get into February as it is all filled up with a lot of fun. I have the TED event I am helping with and attending in Palm Springs. Markus and Arlo are coming and we’ll make a vacation of it at the Riviera for the week. Afterward, we will pick up Kathy and George for a full week of fun with them visiting and remodeling the nursery. I can’t wait to see what they come up with! We then have Erin and PJ visiting for a week, along with Mom and Dad for a few nights. Markus and I will head to Vegas for my Elvis opening while Arlo has a fun time here at home with the family. If we are lucky, the 3 of us will get out to Mexico by the month’s end for 2 weeks to see the Durans and show off the new addition. I am expecting that Arlo will like all the activity as he did in utero. He is fully equipped with his passport, ready to take on the world now.

No comments:

Post a Comment